You have to understand my friend that the world was never written in black and white. No matter what you do, each action you take will be both good and evil even if you will see it to the end of your life in a positive manner it never will be. It will be just a selfish choice you made because it will be the self that took it. No matter how innocent it may seem, how normal and how good the intentions behind it. You will do your best and at the end of your life behind you there can lie the shattered earth. And still have a smile on your face. Many times it’s the best of deeds that do the most of evil if you are unable to see past your own walls. And to be able to do that is yet another choice you have to make. You can take the easy road and always be right in your own little context and you would have lived and died like an angel.Read More
Dystalgia : noun – The feeling of longing for another time and circumstances that could have happened but didn’t.
Somewhere out there the warmth of your skin upon mine and your intoxicating scent sends ripples across endless oceans of possibility. I can feel the moment from here.Read More
The cave can be found along an alternate road from Sofia to Bucharest and is way more impressive in real life. Why ? Well the photo’s don’t do it justice, but take a look at the man and that hut. The cave reaches 100m in height in some places and it’s one of the largest in Europe.
From the top it just looks like your regular hills covered with trees and grass. Until you make a wrong step .
One of the most spectacular places in Bulgaria.Read More
I may have mentioned some years ago ( back when I was little , my viewers were 100% Romanian and the purpose of the blog was more of impressing a certain beautiful girl), about what lays just beyond the Bulgarian border.Now years went by like summer storms, things have changed a lot but stayed the same and here we are again.
A rock’s throw away from the summer beach party center of Romania, Vama Veche, the sand turns into rocks , the water becomes clearer and gains color. Gone is the floating garbage, gone is the drunk crowd stepping on each other, gone all the people and all the cars. Perfect spot to enjoy a couple of days away from everyone and everything, to take a deep dive, do a bit of rock climbing or just enjoy a morning walk. All this still close enough to the party for those allergic to solitude.
To be continued… Some day.Read More
It was dusk. Outside birds were making their noisy debut and dogs barking idiotic barks for no reason. The cars coming in and out of the parking lot, police sirens in the distance and the elevator’s sound through the building walls filled the room with sounds.
He woke up . Perhaps, he could not tell, perhaps he was not even asleep but got lost again in a tough and then suddenly lost it. He may not have slept all night.
In his bed and aside him , half naked, there was a young girl. Her sight did not surprise him even tho he could not connect to the hours before. He remembered every detail of the evening and every detail seemed far away in the distance, belonging to somebody else’s life. And in between, nothing, no bridge to connect him.Read More
“Hey, long time no see. I hear you’re into photos now, I meet up with your brother a couple of days ago, told me all about it”
Sometimes I meet people on the street. Strangers. They come to me with a friendly look and ask me how I’ve been, what’s up.
Ipretend to know them. I know I should and there is a bit of familiarity to them, but I cannot place it in time and space. I go along for a while. I ask them how they are, what life brought to them and hoping this way they might say something to make me remember.
They are neighbors from where I grew up, school or high school colleagues , long time friends, kids with whom I spent a whole childhood. All of them obliterated out of memory and out of existence.Read More
I now have around 11.000 fans on Facebook. Deserved or undeserved they are there so I owe a couple of answers to questions asked and some additions of my own that I find much more important. So here is a set of rules:
- There is no secret. It’s trial and error, experimentation, experience, looking at others. It’s play and if you don’t really like the game you should not play it. There is no secret about anything, once you start looking for a secret you are on a wrong track.
- Everything I learn I learned myself . I have never ever seen a tutorial, I just played and looked at what others do. Don’t ask so many questions, experiment as much as you can and watch others .
- Camera does not matter that much. Do not ask about the camera referring to it like a messiah of photography. Yes, it is important but it’s mostly about the light, the experience, the eye, the moment, chance, the subject, the mood, the feelings, the effort to go someplace strange and deserted, and last but not least the post processing. Many times it’s just a boring photo you took some years ago you did not find any potential to it. At some point, in some mood it will say something to you and learn what to do with it. All my recent photos are actually very old, many of my them taken with an ancient 300d camera and kit lens. You will not know what photo was made with what, maybe only the lens if you are an expert in DoF.
- I am not a professional photographer. I don’t make money out of it. Money may come some day but if you try to do something for the money you will fail. Even if you do make money you will still fail in the end.
- My images may be good, but mostly aesthetic. There are thousands of photographers (and artists in general also) out there that don’t get enough exposure because of the uneducated public. If you like photography, if you really do you will give it the respect it needs, look it up and try to understand what you don’t yet. What you find boring and does not speak to you may speak some day with a voice much louder than anything else. Taste, senses evolve, have the patience and let them evolve. What I do is what I call bridge photography. It’s not cheap, it’s good taste but not extraordinary. That means that anybody can enjoy it but it is rarely truly art.
- Good artists rarely get to be known and what society as a whole perceives as valuable art is usually just shit (with enough exceptions). It’s a somehow funny set of rules that imposes value based on hype & media taking advantage of, yes, the uneducated public. For almost an year I have been recommending Banksy’s Exit Through the Gift Shop as the most important example of how anything art/value-related works in society. See it, laugh at it, laugh at yourself and the world you live in, learn a lesson, apply it. Make the world a little better by not being a dummy.
- Be an educated public about anything. You will not find much on tv or anything mainstream.
- Question yourself, accept your mediocrity, it’ the only way one can learn. And I don’t mean that in the way of “oh my god,that guy is so good and I’m such a noob”, but accept the fact that you may put the wrong questions and what you percieve as good might not be. Always, always learn.
- Watch Banksy’s Exit Through the Gift Shop 🙂
This is me. I weigh 80 kg, I’m 1.82 meters tall, 28 years old yet only alive for 4. I have birthmarks on my right hand and a scar on my face from when a dog bit me long time ago. For one year I have been wearing long unattended hair and before that short shaved. People who don’t really know me would label me as introverted depressed person with weird habits . Those who do would say I am somehow bipolar, jumping from a state of complete and utter depression to one over-extroverted. I usually don’t get out of my boring daily routine but when I do, I do it all the way. When something new comes along my path I take my chance with it. I am usually very open minded about anything and like to put people in situation where I challenge their predefined patterns of thinking about taboo subjects. I like to argue . I like drugs and never say no to them .They played a crucial part in my life with the new perspectives and viewpoints they brought. I like music. I like the girl I love, and I know in my heart that there is a high chance when she will be gone forever beyond hope I will die. I spend my nights thinking about that and about perspectives but find none. I like and do a lot of things, I make enough money and one without knowing would otherwise say I have nothing to complain about. They would be wrong.Read More